Call for Papers – ICOM Museum International: Empty Museums.
Call for Papers – Museum International: Empty Museums.
ICOM is preparing an issue of Museum International entitled ‘Empty Museums’ (Vol. 73, Nº 291 – 292). Therefore, it is inviting authors to send in proposals that reflect on the variety of challenges brought about by the latest crisis to impact the museum field: the Covid-19 pandemic, and its social, economic and political fallout.
Contributions may address topics like:
- Covid-19: new crisis, old crisis?
- Inequality in crisis;
- Impact of museum closures on visitors/local communities;
- Management in the face of unexpected crises;
- Online activity and the future of the bricks-and-mortar museum;
- New governance, operational and financial models;
- Evolving and new professional roles; new employment and working conditions.
The abstract submission deadline is 23 April 2021.