Opened by HRH Queen Elizabeth II in 1988 as a Commonwealth Bicentenary Project, the multi-award-winning National Wool Museum (Museum) is operated by the City of Greater Geelong and is housed in the c1872 national landmark Dennys Lascelles Woolstores. The Museum also manages the waterfront Carousel, an c1892 Armitage-Herschell carousel - one of only 200 still in operation worldwide.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic and program planning, advice and reporting related to collections management, care and access.
- Evaluate current practices in order to develop, update and administer policies, guidelines and procedures that support the professional management of cultural and heritage collections.
- Supervise the preventative conservation and preservation of indoor and outdoor collection objects including managing and coordinating contractors and specialists responsible for conservation treatments.
- Manage database development for all collections materials, including the suite of digital and online collections.
- Apply specialist collection management knowledge to specific ongoing Council projects and community collecting organisations across the municipality
Find more information and the application form here.
Deadline: 16 Aug 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time